“Quality is never an accident;
it is always the result of high intention,
sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skilful execution;
it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.”
William A Foster
The department comprises of three Quality Assurance Officers and an Academic Counsellor:
Vaciseva Rabonu, Angeline Prasad, Doreen Reddy, Zara Habib Singh
The Quality Assurance Team will play a vital role in implementing quality frameworks with the goal of facilitating the overall success of our students.
From the time of inception in mid March 2016, the QA department’s key function is to promote & integrate the culture of quality in the area of teaching and learning.
Key responsibilities for the Quality Assurance unit are to:
- ensure educational improvement and effective performance;
- promote and implement quality-related work in accordance with the university vision and strategic planning;
- ensure efficient monitoring and review of the academic management of courses, teaching and performance ;
- support staff development, performance enhancement and opportunities for improvement in teaching;
- monitor staff performance in teaching and learning;
- monitor and evaluate student results;
- take into account student feedback to facilitate improved teaching and learning performance;
- develop policies and guidelines on teaching evaluation, programme review and student learning assessment; and
- advise on program and course approval and development.
Quality Assurance Unit
The University Of Fiji,
P: (679) 6640600 ext: 263/136