OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR
Post Ref No: OVC 08/17
Human Resources Manager
Are you a dynamic, self-motivated, quick-witted and compassionate individual who wishes to step up in the Human Resources Management Career?
Is your answer is yes, then The University of Fiji is the employer of your choice!
Duties and Responsibilities of the Post
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will be responsible for:
- The smooth running of UniFiji’s Human Resources functions and will be actively involved in relevant strategy and policy development within the university.
- Oversight of personnel management and monitoring, work force planning and taking forward new initiatives and developments.
- Providing advice and operational support to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and ensuring that the University is up-to-date with changes in employee legislation.
- Assisting to implement effective culture change and new Institutional procedures where necessary.
- Coordinating in the effective design, development and delivery of resource planning, performance management and HR policies and procedures.
- Leading in the recruitment planning process with Deans and Department Heads by writing job descriptions and ensuring the provision of full and effective recruitment services.
Qualities and Skills
The human resources field can be fast-paced, challenging and rewarding. Applicants are expected to have attributes such as outstanding speaking and writing skills, the ability to work under pressure and leadership qualities such as strong work ethic, trustworthiness, self-confidence and the ability to delegate responsibilities.
Professionals who are seeking a career as an HR management professional should also demonstrate good judgment, creativity and a positive attitude.
||FJD 40,250- FJD 55,775
||3- year contract and is renewable by mutual agreement.
||Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related field. (Master’s Degree in HRM is preferable)
||At least 5 years work experience.
How to Apply:
Applicant must provide:
(a) a covering letter explaining their interest in the position (b) a copy of their full Curriculum Vitae with names and addresses of three (3) Professional Referees, one of whom must be the current or immediate past supervisor of the applicant, (c) and certified copies of their academic qualifications and transcripts.
Applicants must request their three nominated Professional Referees, to forward signed copies of their reference (citing the reference number of the position) to the Manager Human Resources on email firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Open references will not be accepted.
Completed applications, quoting the Post Reference Number and marked “Confidential” must be sent to: The Human Resources Manager, The University of Fiji, Private Mail Bag, Lautoka, Fiji OR e-mailed to email@example.com, with The Post Reference Number and the Position Title as the subject. For any queries regarding the advertised positions, please contact the Human Resources Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 6640 600.
Closing date for all applications: 16 June 2017